Home » Resource » Learn Chinese
- Learn Chinese Characters
- Brief: Alone among modern languages, Chinese integrates both meaning and pronunciation information in its characters. Zhongwen.com deciphers this rich information to help students understand, appreciate and remember Chinese characters, one of humanity's greatest and most enduring cultural achievements. Until recent centuries, China had one of the highest literacy rates in the world and more than half of the world's literature was written in Chinese characters. Due to the central role of calligraphy in Chinese art and the vitality of Chinese civilization, Chinese characters have held a similarly preeminent position in the world's art.
- Chinese Language Centre
- Brief: In our website, we offer you some supplementary materials especally designed for helping you study the NPCR, New Practical Chinese Reader, which is a new series of textbooks designed for native English speakers to learn Chinese. It consists of seventy lessons in six volumes, covering beginner tointermediate levels, for three years worth of instructions. This series of textbooks can help you develop the four skills of Chinese listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Integrated Chinese Learning
- Brief: EZlearnChinese School provides free on-line Chinese language and
cultural classes such as Chinese painting, Chinese dancing, Chinese Knotting,
Calligraphy, Chinese Opera and Chinese music.
Your donation is important to us to open new classes; support students' activities; maintain the website and continuously provide free service.
- Real Chinese -- A Lively introduction to Mandarin Chinese in 10 Short Parts
- Brief: A lively introduction to Mandarin Chinese in 10 short parts. Click on the topics in order to see the slideshow and hear the language. You'll also find useful phrases with tips on pronunciation and grammar, cultural notes and a short challenge to check what you've learnt. At the end of each slideshow there's a chance to watch a short (approx. 1 min) videoclip taken from the TV series. Find more information in the User guide.
- Learn Chinese Online
- Brief: Learn Mandarin Chinese with our audio podcasts every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Subscribe to the lessons from iTunes, Yahoo or your favorite source, or listen to them directly from our main page.
- On-line Chinese Tools
- Brief: These pages hope to provide tools to assist people in learning and using the beautiful Chinese language. From the novice Chinese language student to the advanced programmer, I hope there is something here for everyone. Rather than being a Chinese language course, it provides tools to people who are already studying and using Chinese.
- Lexiconer English-Chinese Dictionary, Chinese-English Dictionary, and Language Tools
- Brief: We provide service for the following main areas: 1. Instant English to Chinese translation service; 2. Instant Chinese to English translation service; 3. Vocabulary test preparations for TOEFL, GRE and GMAT; 4. A convenient electronic dictionary catalogue from the world's largest electronic dictionary & talking dictionary manufacturer (and direct seller) that help you learn Chinese and other languages; 5. A language bookstore where you can find books for learning Chinese, Cantonese, Taiwanese and other languages; 6. A dictionary/translation software store where you can try or buy software to help yourself learn Chinese and other languages. Plus, you are welcome to link into our pages, provided that you do not trap any of our pages in a frame. You are also welcome to add our translation search boxes to your website.
- Chinese Learning Forum
- Brief: Chinese-forums.com is an online community of people with an interest in Chinese language and culture. You will need to register to post, subscribe to topics and hide adverts and this message. If you are looking for something specific, please try the search function.