- The Chinese Central Government's Official Web Portal
- Introduction: Gov.cn, the official web portal of the Central People's Government of the People's Republic of China, has been built under the guidance of top Chinese leaders, and with the authorization of the National Informationization Leadership Group.
- As an essential part of e-government initiative, Gov.cn is a gateway to all Chinese government information and services, and an interactive channel between government and the public. It is of great importance to promoting the opening of government affairs, further transforming government functions, performing all governmental duties in accordance with laws, consciously accepting the oversight of the general public, improving the government's style of work and perfecting the overall quality of public servants.
- Gov.cn presently provides authoritative and up-to-date information on the Chinese government, and its programs, initiatives and services, as well as facts about China. It will continuously increase the content of information and services, and gradually realize online interaction between the government and netizens at home and abroad.
- Gov.cn began trial run on October 1, 2005. Its English version, English.gov.cn, which made debut on November 22, 2005, is the place to turn for a wealth of Chinese government resources. You can browse by topics such as "China Today", "Official Publications", and "Laws and Regulations". Or you can access "Services for Non-Residents" to find out about China investment, travel tips, children adoption and lots more.
- We welcome your feedback and suggestions about Gov.cn to help us improve
the portal and serve you even better.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China
- Introduction: China's diplomacy in the new century will continue to serve the country's reform, opening-up and modernization drive and commit to the promotion of world peace and common development. I look forward to greater interest in and support for China's diplomacy from more friends like you.
- This website will try to present a more complete picture of China's diplomatic efforts, provide needed information in a more timely fashion and, at the same time, listen to what you have got to say. I am confident that this website will become a public window on China's diplomacy with the support of the friends like you.
- The Ministry of Science & Technology
- Introduction: Contains S&T organizations of departments and officials, S&T programmes, S&T plans, S&T statistics, S&T international cooperation. Devote to research of policies and regulations about China S&T system reformation.
- The Ministry of Construction of the People's Republic of China
- Introduction: Contains policies and regulations, construction science and technology, security, city and town layout programmes, industry conferences and business shows info etc.
- The Ministry of Finance of the People's Republic of China
- Introduction: Contains Lead brief introduction, Organization structuring, The mandate of the ministry of finance, The fiscal system in China, Major cooperation with the international financial institutions and participation in the international forums etc.
- The Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation (MOFTEC)
- Introduction: China Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation(MOFTEC) is the PRC government organization which oversees foreign investment and trade in the PRC. MOFTEC is very powerful, being responsible for the overall administration of China's foreign trade and foreign enterprises. Businesses planning to do business in China need to apply for and obtain approval for their project through this organization. The approval process can be long and frustrating, or relatively quick. The existence of a chinese partner usually paves the way for smooth and quick approval of the project. The local partner can be expected to prepare most of the paper and other groundwork. Wholly owned enterprises, major projects and those seeking significant domestic markets, may experience longer and more frustrating experience and require you to go through layers of bureaucracy before even getting to the right person at the right level.
- China National Light Industry Council
- Introduction: China National Light Industry Council is a nation-wide comprehensive
industry intermediary organization with service and management functions.With
the wide representation of isdustry and the service aim,it will act as the
bridge between government and enterprises,and make great efforts to promote
lightindustry development inf China and strengthen international exchanges
In the past two decades since reform and opening up,with a sustained,rapid and healthy development,light industry in China has made significant achievements.At the moment,light industry production value,realized tax and profits and value of exports account respectively for one third of the nation's total industrial production value,realized industrial tax and profits and value of exports.
- China National Marine Data and Information Service(NMDIS)
- Introduction: The National Marine Data and Information Service (NMDIS) is an public-good institution directly under the State Oceanic Administration (SOA) of China, which is responsible for the centralized management of national marine information resources, the provision of technical support and information service for national marine economic development, sea area management and marine environmental protection, and the operational guidance and coordination for national marine information work.
- The State Postal Bureau(SPB)
- Introduction: The State Post Bureau (SPB), a government agency and a public utility enterprise as well, administers the postal industry and manages postal enterprises nationwide. It undertakes the responsibilities of administrative management to protect the interests of the state and the rights of customers, the construction and operation of national postal network and the delivery of universal postal services. The SPB sets up post bureaus in all the provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities which serve as public utility enterprises and, with the authorization of the SPB, take charge of the administration of local postal sector.
- State Intellectual Property Office of China(SIPO)
- Introduction: The intellectual property system in China was originated from and developed as a result of the policy of reform and opening-up. With the approval of the State Council, the Patent Office of the People's Republic of China (CPO,the predecessor of SIPO), was founded in 1980 to protect intellectual property, encourage invention and creation, help popularize inventions and their exploitation, promote the progress and innovation in science and technology, and meet the needs of socialist modernization. In 1998, With the restructuring of the government agencies, CPO was renamed SIPO and became a government institution directly under the control of the State Council. It is the competent authority in charge of patent affairs and the coordinating authority for foreign-related intellectual property issues. On March 12,1984, the Patent Law of the People's Republic of China was promulgated and went into force in 1985. To accommodate new developments both in China and abroad, the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress amended the Patent Law twice, on March 12,1992 and August 25,2000.
- On June 3, 1980, China acceded to the Convention Establishing the World Intellectual Property Organization. It is now member state of the Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property, the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT), the Budapest Treaty on the International Recognition of the Deposit of Microorganisms for the Purposes of Patent Procedure and the Locarno Agreement Establishing an International Classification of Industrial Designs, the Strasbourg Agreement Concerning the International Patent Classification. On January 1, 1994, after becoming a member state of the PCT, SIPO began to serve as the Receiving Office, International Searching Authority and International Preliminary Examining Authority. Chinese became one of the PCT working languages.
- China National Tourism Administration(CNTA)
- Introduction: China National Tourism Administration(CNTA) is directly regulated by the State Council, responsible for developing, promoting and regulating China tourism industry.
- Xin Hua News Agency
- Introduction: Sponsored by the Xinhua News Agency, the state and worldwide news agency in China, Xinhuanet.com is a backbone with global influence among key national websites. On the strength of Xinhua's 150 subsidiaries all over China and the world, Xinhuanet.com has formed a global news and information gathering network to provide authoritative, substantial and timely news and information, as well as a large amount of on-the-spot reports, exclusive reports and brilliant multi-media reports.
- Xinhuanet.com consists of the Beijing head network, 32 local channels throughout China and 10 subsidiary websites of the Xinhua News Agency. With sophisticated technology and equipment, and a safe and reliable system, Xinhuanet.com ranks first in China in the network platform and is known as an "aircraft carrier" for Chinese websites.
- Collecting news and information around the world and covering major events at home and abroad, Xinhuanet.com releases news around the clock in seven languages, namely, Chinese (GB, Big5), English, French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, and Japanese and updates more than 4,500 news items every day. It is thus known as the "collector of on-line news and information in China."
- Chinese Academy of Social Sciences(CASS)
- Introduction: The Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) is the highest academic research organization in the fields of philosophy and social sciences as well as a national center for comprehensive studies in the People""s Republic of China.
- Development Research Center of the State Council(DRC)
- Introduction: DRC is a comprehensive policy research and consulting institution operating directly under the State Council, the central government of the People's Republic of China.
- China Meteorological Administration(CMA)
- Introduction: The China Meteorological Administration (CMA) has been a public service agency, which is directly affiliated to the State Council of the People’s Republic of China. At the time of its establishment in December 1949, it was the Central Military Commission Meteorological Bureau - the predecessor of CMA. Since 1994 when CMA was transformed from a subordinate governmental body into one of the public service agencies under the State Council, with the authorization by the State Council, CMA has been responsible for organizational and operational management of the national meteorological services as a whole. Under CMA’s unified directives, all meteorological establishments within CMA framework follow the administrative system of hierarchical management and the dual leaderships performed by both CMA and local governments with the former as the core. By pursuing the concepts of “public meteorology, security-oriented meteorology and natural resource-oriented meteorology”, and by adhering to objectives of “taking the people as our fundamental interests, being thoughtful, considerate and ready for serving any customers anywhere at any time”, the meteorological services in China, which are based on sciences and technologies, fall into a category of basic public welfare services. Since the Meteorological Law of the People’s Republic of China came into force as from 1 January 2000, the other legal or regulatory instruments have been promulgated for implementations, including the Regulations for Weather Modification Management, the Rules for Protection of Meteorological Observation Conditions and Facilities, the Rules for Lightning Disaster Prevention and Reduction Management, and the Rules for Balloon-release Management, etc.
- China Securities Regulatory Commission(CSRC)
Introduction: The development of securities markets in China since the commencement of the opening and reform of China inevitably led to the establishment of a centralised market regulatory body. The establishment of the State Council Securities Commission (the "SCSC") and the China Securities Regulatory Commission (the "CSRC") in October 1992 marked the formation of this regulatory body. The SCSC is the State authority responsible for exercising centralised market regulation. The CSRC is the SCSC's executive branch responsible for conducting supervision and regulation of the securities markets in accordance with the law.
- China Internet Information Center
- Introduction: The China Internet Information Center offers broad access to up-to-date news about China, with searchable texts of government position papers and a wealth of basic information about Chinese history, politics, economics and culture.
- The authorized government portal site to China, www.china.org.cn is published under the auspices of the State Council Information Office and the China International Publishing Group in Beijing.
- National Working Group For Intellectual Property Rights Protection>
- Introduction: In order to further strengthen the leadership of IPR protection undertaking, Chinese government has decided to set up the National Working Group for Intellectual Property Rights Protection. The Working Group is led by Vice Premier Wu Yi and constituted by seventeen members who are in charge of IPR-related agencies including the Publicity Department of the CPC Central Committee, the Ministry of Public Security, the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Information Industry, the Ministry of Commerce, the Ministry of Culture, the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council, the General Administration of Customs, the State Administration for Industry and Commerce, the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine, the National Copyright Administration, the State Food and Drug Administration, the State Intellectual Property Office, the Legislative Affairs Office of State Council, the Information Office of the State Council, the Supreme People's Court and the Supreme People's Procuratorate.
- State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs(SAFEA)
- Introduction: As the administrative department of the Chinese government in charge of the national introduction of foreign intellectual resources, the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs (SAFEA) is responsible for the administration concerning experts from abroad, and from the Hong Kong SAR, the Macao SAR, and Taiwan region, in the fields of economy, technology, management, education, science, culture, healthcare, including experts working in foreign invested ventures, those working under import contracts and key construction projects. It is also in charge of sending Chinese technical and managerial professionals from government departments and enterprises for overseas training.
- Beijing Municipal Government
- Introduction: eBeijing is authorized by Beijing Municipal Government and organized jointly by Foreign Affairs Office of the People's Government of Beijing Municipality and Beijing Network Information Industry Office. The website is operated and maintained by Beijing Foreign Affairs Information Center and the Operation Management Center of Beijing Official Website Portal with the support from Beijing Foreign Languages University.
- The website dedicates to provide all foreign governments, organizations and individuals who have interests in Beijing's development and those foreign friends who currently study, work and travel in Beijing with comprehensive, accurate and timely information for work, life and entertainment.
- Shanghai Municipal Government
- Introduction: After the trial launch on Sept.28, 2001, "China Shanghai"
government official website was formally opened to public on Jan.1st, 2002.
As the general platform for message distribution of all the city agencies
under Shanghai municipality, "China Shanghai" government official
website opens a window for all the city agencies to connect their intranets
with the world.
The key tasks of "China Shanghai" government official website are: to transfer and release the messages from Shanghai municipality on Internet; to establish the Internet message channel between the government, the citizens and the enterprises or agencies; to enable the government to provide online services such as citizen-oriented public affairs and administrative approval.
The guideline and purpose of "China Shanghai" government official website are: to build channel for citizens' participation in public affairs, improve the transparency of government work and guarantee citizens' right of knowing-inside; via Internet and IT applications, to provide government the effective way such as online-service and online-office, to facilitate citizen or enterprise handling relevant business, to drive government BPR, to improve government administration efficiency; to strength the interactivity with local private networks and intranets during the process of Shanghai establishing the administration system adaptable to economic and social development; to become the model of Shanghai e-government affairs during the process of promoting e-government coordination, online affair-handling and e-mail application.
"China Shanghai" government official website mainly includes: Government news, Mayor window, Online office, Citizen service, Online comments, Hot topics, Agencies guidance, Online consulting / complaint, Agencies links, Service navigation and etc.
"China Shanghai" government official website is created and maintained by: the Newsroom of "China Shanghai" government official website (hereafter "the Newsroom"), which functions as the message distributor, routing maintainer and operator of "China Shanghai" government official website, as well as the service communicator and coordinator with the intranet of municipality agencies and district or county governments.
- Chongqing Municipal Government
- Introduction: Contains Chongqing news, a survey of Chongqing, Statistics, Profile of leaders, Government departments, Attracting business and inviting investments, Office serving enterprises, Government reports, Important ducuments, 2005 Asia Pacific cities summit etc.
- Foreign Affairs Office of Tianjin Municipal People's Government
- Introduction: Foreign Affairs Office of Tianjin Municipal People's Government (FAO) is a functional department of Tianjin Municipal People's Government taking charge of foreign affairs. It is also an administrative institution under the leadership of the Tianjin Municipal Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC).
- Hongkong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China
- Introduction: Visit GovHK, the new HKSAR Government portal, for a full range of online government information and services.